Thursday, November 06, 2008

Stuck in grading hell...and Quincy

The end of the grading period is Friday. I have projects that were due yesterday to finish grading and, on top of that, I took it upon myself to give out a second progress report so students would know what their grade will be when reports cards go out (ie. "you are missing all this work--turn it in!") At the beginning of yesterday, I was all caught up on grading. At the end of the day, however, I had a stack of makeup work on my desk that was pretty large. I got that all done and brought home yesterday's classwork to grade and fell asleep. So it's 6:20 a.m. and I am heading to school to grade.:)

Quincy's pinkeye seemed to have cleared up by Monday and then got worse on Tuesday. He has a lot of itching now that he didn't have before and the itching irritates his eyes and then they get goopy from the irritation. His pediatrician thinks he might have gotten sensitive to the Polymyxin drops so we have to back off on those and use artificial tears some in the hopes that it will just wash on out. He has preschool color pictures today and I just looked at his eyes. They are glued together in the inner corners, but not all over. That's an improvement from yesterday!

Well, time to go to sneak out before Quincy wakes up (shhhhhh!!!) :)

No comments: