Saturday, January 31, 2009

Today..not my shining moment

I woke up disoriented. I actually felt rested. I went to bed last night expecting to be woken up around 7 a.m. since Quincy went to sleep so early. When I heard him stirring, I laid there for a few minutes and wondered why I wasn't still tired. Then, my alarm went off. This was the alarm I had set for 9 a.m. My child slept twelve hours! I blame all the coughing he's doing during the day.

I made myself late for work this morning because I was looking for sources for a research project for my little sister. When I picked up my son an hour ago, she still had not looked at any of it.

When I got to work, my boss thought I had overslept because I am *never* late when I work dayshift. It must have been the hair also. I left it curly yesterday instead of straightening it so I had curls sticking out in several different directions when I arrived at work. I wish I had known that, but I hadn't looked in the mirror yet. If I had, I might have thrown on a hat or at least combed it.

Since I was running late, I was not in uniform when I got to my pizza job. Had to finish getting dressed once I got there. That's when I discovered that I had my underwear on inside out. I left it because who's going to know? (except now I told you)

I managed to knock 30 boxes that I just folder over on myself today. I got in the way of person after person. I walked into a stack of dough trays.

Oh, and the only delivery I got to go on was across the street. It is not even a mile there. Also, I took that delivery on the phone and I put the wrong building down. I had to go the apartment office to figure out where I was supposed to go. I did get a $5 tip when I finally got there.:)

If you're wondering if my day went so well because I had my underwear on inside out, well, I thought of that also, but, really, this is just vintage me. Sometimes I just have days like this.

Now, I am going to curl up in my pajamas with my blanket and my Chinese food. Maybe the child will go to sleep soon?

No comments: