Monday, October 20, 2008

Shiny happy people

(This post is brought to you by the Excedrin I had to take for the headache I had when I got home from school today. No more headache. Not sleepy)

Quincy has a cough. It has been panic-inducing to be at school all day while my baby coughs at home. Never mind that it sounds like a post-nasal drip cough. Never mind that he has no fever and feels fine. I am still worrying all day. He does not seem distressed in the least. He has played all night. He hid all of his Thomas the Tank Engine engines (wow, that was redundant) under boxes in the living room. He gave the bathroom a bath while he took one. I had to dry off the floor and the toilet before he got out tonight.

He certainly makes a lot of mess for a small person with a lingering cough. Oh, and he is not coughing at all at night. But, last night, I thought the refrigerator was being especially loud and I got up to check. It was not the refrigerator. It was Quincy sleeping on his tummy and breathing. Wow.

He does not look sick. Here's his best grin.

See, he looks really happy. This is partially because he's a ham and partially because he has control of the big TV right now and is watching his favorite show of the night.

It's Thomas! After two hours, I am sick of Thomas. It's Monday and he's too shiny happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a cutie! I hope he feels better soon.

Just B said...

I know that gray area all too well: is-he-still-sick-is-he-well-when-does-life-go-back-to-normal?!!

I haven't been tagged before! I'm working on my four things for my next post.