Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Frustration and Idiocy

I used to love my second job. It's the job I go to where I rarely have to think. I can do it in my sleep, literally. I mean, it's pizza, it's food service, it's not hard. I just smile and nod, smile and nod. I can pretty much pick my hours and my days off. If I say I'd rather not work with someone, then I don't all that often. It's pretty sweet. Except for the customers, sometimes they suck.

Lately, though, it's gotten frustrating. I don't know if it's that there are people there that really, truly, rub me the wrong way or what. (and I'm not talking about Richard--he doesn't bother me all that much lately. As a side note, I've discovered that he's only an ass when there's an audience. One on one, he's intelligent and sometimes interesting. Odd though and I'm probably somehow deluded.) Anyway, I honestly cannot believe that steam has not literally come out of my ears or that the top of my head hasn't blown off. My blood pressure must be through the roof when I am there. The sheer idiocy of my co-workers astounds me sometimes.

I am so glad that I am teaching again, even if it is only for a few weeks. It's a great school with wonderful kids. Plus I love my co-workers there.

On a completely unrelated note, I wish my last two Stephenie Meyer books would come while I have time to read them.:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Stephanie Meyers! I just started reading "New Moon". I'm hooked.
I wish I had a job where people annoyed me. But I couldn't ground them when they did, so I guess maybe I don't want that.;)

Wendy said...

Maybe you've just been frustrated because of all the job hunting and knowing that you have skills you aren't using. I'm sure it'll even out soon. Hang in there!