Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Home Alone--Wednesday Edition

This will be mostly whining. I'm warning you before you read any further!

It's Wednesday night. I am home alone with the toddler as I am every night. My husband works five nights a week. He always closes, which means he gets home between 2 and 4 a.m. The other two nights of the week, he has band practice, which means he gets home around 2 a.m. This leaves me here...alone.

Because he gets in so late, he doesn't get up until after noon. I am up whenever Quincy gets up. He spends the afternoon with us sometimes, when there is not a car or computer to fix. The key word there is "us." Last night, he spent some time with me but I had to stay up until after 1 a.m. to get that.

The endless stream of Caillou, Curious George, Dora, Max & Ruby, Wonderpets, and Wubbzy Wubbzy Wu is trying my nerves. The constant noise with no break except a shower (maybe) leaves me wanting to crawl back into bed every morning and hide under the pillow. I may not have a day job, but I know everything about all of the above shows. I have seen every episode.:)

In an ideal world, someone would hire me for a teaching position and my husband could take a night off. He'd have to be up with Quincy, but we would also get to see each other. Even then, there'd be band obligations. This week, that means that he'll be in Cincinnati on Friday and Louisville on Saturday. Guess who will be here alone??

Last night was supposed to be an early night since they played an early show. It wasn't. He got home at 1 a.m. or so. He said something about hanging out with his friends. I yelled at him about never getting to see my friends. That was a great start to together time, which consisted of watching "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and "Cold Case."

I don't really have a point. I'm just tired of sitting by myself at night. I'm also sick of the toddler not going to sleep by 9 p.m. That's a whole 'nother post though.:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, I thought I had it rough when I was awakened from an amazing sex dream with the sounds of my 3 yo singing/screeching the theme to Wonderpets.
It's happens to all of us, so don't feel bad or dismiss yourself as being whiny- you're not being whiny, you're being real. It's hard spending time together when you've got kids constantly interrupting, so I hear ya'.
I hear it gets better.;)

Bragger said...

I know how you feel, way back from another marriage. You have every right to complain and "whine." I will cross my fingers that you get the teaching job you want.

susan said...

Sammanthia--I've watched so much Wonderpets that I sing to it now. I don't remember not bugging my parents until I was at least 10. I think maybe they had my sister so I'd have someone else to bother.:)

Bragger--I'm still looking but I'm about to start subbing also. At least then I'll maybe hear about jobs right as they become available or maybe get an interim position.