Monday, September 15, 2008

Trying to psych myself up

So....another interview tomorrow. For an Interim position. 8th grade Language Arts. I keep thinking about it and taking deep breaths. Trying to think happy, positive thoughts, while Quincy shouts demands at me every five minutes.

Thinking about what to say and what not to say in an interview. I tend to be verbose and give every answer possible to each question, thereby revealing more about myself than is probably necessary. (does this surprise anyone?) I know that I need to be more concise and clear, less wandering and meandering in the conversation. That is easier said than done.

I interviewed with this principal before and thought it was a great interview, a very positive one. I'm tired of being wrong about that. I take that back. I'm sick of being wrong about that. Yeah, sick and tired about sums it up.

Sorry to be such a downer. Maybe if I get it all out I can be all sunshine and smiles tomorrow. Here's hoping.:)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Good luck! I know I've said it before, but I've hired a lot of people and I'm telling you, it's all about the confidence! A confident person would give one answer and stick with it, I think. Maybe you could put a tack in your shoe or something, like how people cheat on lie detector tests. lol.

susan said...

He only asked me three questions and so he basically talked for 15 minutes. I let him. He answered every question that I would have asked and ended by asking me if I could start by the end of the month and confirming my contact info. Is that good?

Wendy said...

That sounds great! Good luck and let me know!