Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Shhhhhhh---Quincy is asleep

After a really stupid move on my part, Quincy is asleep in his crib--finally. The old saying, "Never wake a sleeping baby,"---yeah, that's true---don't--you'll regret it for hours. See, Quincy normally drinks about 28 ounces of formula a day so, when he'd had 24 and a half at 7:30 and fell asleep, I put him down on the couch thinking he'd wake up hungry in a haour or so. I didn't consider the bath or the large amount of cereal and applesauce he'd consumed plus his milk. He was still asleep at 10 pm which is is when I got the bright idea to wake him up and change his diaper---which wasn't wet, but taking it off really did wake him up so I had to give him a bottle. After a little over 6 ounces, he just wasn't going to sleep, but he wasn't sucking anymore either, so out came the pacifier, which pacified but also--no sleep. So we rocked--sleep, finally---I stood up to put him down and open popped the eyes--back in the rocking chair, more rocking and a really awkward time standing up--I must have sat weird--but he stayed asleep and he still is. I'm excited....

Oh--my sister took he exam to get into nursing school for the second time today---she had trouble with the fractions and algebra the first time--and scored a 91, which should assure her a place in this year's class. I'm excited about that, too.

Abby the cat is back to normal---she attacked me twice Saturday while I was there--or maybe it was Friday--the days run together these days. My point is--she's evil again. Abby the person is on her second Spring Break because the school she's student teaching at is out next week. She went home to Wisconsin, where I believe it's snowing, which can't be good for her recently recovered from pneumonia, but she's there anyway..

oh well, time to eat some of the tollhouse cookies my husband baked for me this afternoon..

No comments: