Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What? I didn't do anything!


This is my dog. His name is Maynard. He is a food stealer, a-take-any-opportunity kind of dog, if you will. If I go outside for five minutes and unwisely leave my sandwich unguarded, it'll be gone when I get back. Last night, I left a tiny bit of taco on a plate at midnight, went to the bathroom, and came back to any empty plate. You'd think I would learn.

I wish I could say he was a good guard dog, but he actually barks just as much at me as he does at a stranger. He freaks out if it rains, whether it thunders or not.

One time, the lights went out after dark and I could hear Maynard crying somewhere. I could not find him because it was dark and I could not find the flashlight. I was not even sure we had a flashlight. So I followed the sound of dog whimpering in the dark and found him in the laundry room. Quincy had shut him in there right before the electricity cut off. Poor dog!

The picture is Maynard looking guilty because he got caught finishing Quincy's lunch. Does anybody else have a pet like this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a German Shepard... unfortunately she's trapped in the body of a 5 pound Yorkie!
She thinks she's big stuff, she growls at everything and everyone, but when it comes down to it, she's just a big baby!

Bragger said...

We have a male Pomeranian and a female Lab. And the Pomeranian thinks he IS a Lab! When we take them to the park to walk/swim, the Pom heads for the lake as fast as the Lab does. In fact, he's usually hanging onto her tail. We have a hard time keeping him out of the pool. He looks like a drowned rat.