Friday, February 27, 2009

My impromptu diet

I don't know that I have ever mentioned it, but I weigh between 105 and 110 pounds on any given day. At 5'2", this does not make me physically impressive or intimidating. It does often make me feel like Susan the Happy Trotting Elf, from Coupling. When I was younger, I really did kind of resemble her, except I was never blonde.

All of that is buildup to say that I try constantly to maintain my weight. Sometimes, I spend time attempting to gain weight. It hardly ever works (don't hate me!). This week, I had a canker sore right inside the corner of my mouth. If I were trying to lose weight, this would have been a good way to go about it. I mean, I eat tacos at least once a week with hot sauce on them. I did that this week also, but it hurt. Other things that hurt to eat: pizza, chocolate, ketchup, mustard, salsa, anything with salt. That covers a lot of my diet. I had to cut many usual foods out.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, I was forced into dieting this week. I couldn't even drink out a straw last Saturday. It hurt to put my lips like that. Kissing hurt, also. I don't think I lost any weight though so don't go around hoping to get a canker sore. You'll just been in pain for a while. Oh, and I couldn't smile right for about a week, so I am sure that customers at work either thought I was creepy or in a bad mood.

I can't find Susan the Happy Trotting Elf on YouTube so here's Steve's first date with her.

No comments: