Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bits & Pieces

I have a whole lot of random things swimming around in my head so I'm bulleting this post.
Things I've noticed today:

  • Staying up til 5 a.m because I can't sleep and then getting up at 9 really makes me feel like I'm coming down with something
  • It also kills any motivation I have to call about open positions
  • My boobs feel like they are on fire. Supposedly, I could cure this by not drinking caffeine. Not gonna happen.
  • Good job interview means I am assuming I got a job and we all know what happens to people who assume, right?
  • Bob the Builder was teaching my child what a camera obscura is earlier. I even listened.
  • The Wonderpets talking directly to me kind of freaks me out. Also, it's a little weird when they hand me celery and apple. It reminds me of Fahrenheit 451, which creeps me out. Yet, I feel a bit of admiration that they are breaking the 4th wall on Nickelodeon. It's very metatheatre. See, I paid attention in grad school!
  • Am I the only one who thinks it's ironic that a men's haircolor marketed to Baby Boomers is called Touch of Gray? Not just because it's meant to cover gray, but also the hidden reference to the Grateful Dead song of the same name.
  • A watched pot really doesn't boil.
  • Also, if I don't watch chicken'n'dumplings, even if they are on low, they will stick.
I had a lot of observations today for someone who did pretty much nothing except lay around the house. I did go to Tractor Supply Company, where Quincy threw a fit because we would not buy him a pink tractor ride-on toy with pedals. Yeah.

No comments: