Thursday, August 14, 2008

Okay, Seriously??!!

(an open letter to the schools in my county)

Dear Schools,

Okay, I get it. My contract was non-renewed last Spring, but, really, I am available for an interview anytime. I look professional. I sound professional. I know how to teach. I have been to at least 15 schools--some of them twice----this summer. Schools with open positions. And, yet, how many interviews have I gotten in this county??? None. Not even for an EA position. I get that I have a Master's degree and have to be paid more and we are in a budget crisis and blah blah ladi da blah. Really though, could you just call me for an interview instead of throwing away my resume as soon as I walk out the door?? Be cause that's what what I feel like is happening and it's really frustrating me. I have to work. I have student loans to pay off. I have a family. I can't just move where the jobs are, although in June I did plan on doing that. At least call me about an EA position, even a Special Ed. EA position. I would be happy with one of those and I don't have to be paid more because of my education. I'm very annoyed with this situation. I do not want to teach preschool for $8 and hour. I love small children, but not 10 at a time plus most of those jobs are not full-time.

Okay, I am not annoyed enough to take a job if offered, let me point that out. :) I would be more than happy to take anything offered...at least until my husband finishes school. (then I'll probably quit and move somewhere where it snows--but you didn't hear that from me!)

Thanks,
Susan

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Awww. Just hang in there. I know it seems tough, but you'll find the one that's right for you.

Bragger said...

I know how discouraged you must feel. Maybe something will open up for you. I hope so!

susan said...

I feel more annoyed right now than discouraged because there can't possibly be so many people vying for jobs that they need to not call me in EVERY time, right?